[Typo3-dev] Getting extension key from tablename

Patrick Rodacker rod at biba.uni-bremen.de
Tue Nov 1 16:59:10 CET 2005

Hi List,

I've started to develop an extension (frontend plugin) using flexforms
for the configuration which ist imho a pretty smart way for the back
users to configure plugins.

The flexform provides an selector box with the list of TCA tables as
entries using the special attribute for the select type.

In my extension I get the table names which is what I expected, but I
also need the extension key of the according plugin (if available). I
figured out that I could get the key from the dynamicConfig file using
the TCA Array
($GLOBALS['TCA']['<tablename>']['ctrl']['dynamicConfigFile']), but I
wonder if there is a smarter solution available.

Best regards
Patrick