[Typo3-dev] Event / hook based user synchronization

René Fritz r.fritz at colorcube.de
Tue May 31 18:56:17 CEST 2005

Hi Andy

> Is this about correct? And do you plan to change that concept?

Yes. Currently a API for your task is missing. This will come but not soon.

On the other hand there's a hook you can use.

TCEMain allows you to monitor changes on the users table. It should be
possible to do such an integration you're planning.
The downside is if someone directly modify the users table (which is a bad
thing anyway) you will not be notified. I'm not sure if all core modules do
that in a right way.

> (specific) features etc. Thus, integrating 3rd party applications nicely
> into typo3 should also be in the interest of typo3.

I agree.

greetings
René

--