[Typo3-dev] AJAX

Karsten Dambekalns karsten at typo3.org
Sun May 29 12:38:37 CEST 2005

Hi.

Lyle E. Dodge wrote:
> Typo3 Developers,
>
> Congratulations on a fine product.  I use Typo3 to manage approximately
> 3500 pages on wwc.edu.  We've been using Typo3 since July of last year,
> launching with 3.6.2, upgrading to 3.7.0 and are starting the upgrade to
>  3.8.0 and launching in a few weeks.
>
> Do any of you have experience with AJAX?

I have (and I'm still amazed at how fast the term AJAX was made up and
spread :).

Making use of this technique has a lot of promises, but one has to make sure
not to introduce too much complexity or exclude relevant browsers. All in
all, this is very interesting, and I'd help anyone to get in such changes
to the core, provided that they make sense(!).

But don't expect this to happen too soon, this needs to be well considered
and deserves a well-done plan. Think of months rather than weeks. :)

Karsten
--
Karsten Dambekalns
TYPO3 Association - Active Member