[Typo3-dev] Multilanguage extension

Lars Houmark lars at houmark.com
Sat May 28 20:14:56 CEST 2005

Hey,

I've made several multilanguage extensions, using partly the 3.7+ language
features.

Most of my extensions have a product or something similar, which is attached
to one or more productgroups (mm related).

But until the other day I thought that the mm relation tables could not have
the same multilanguage features (I thought that partly by looking at the
tt_news which uses splitting in a languageOverlay field).

So after installing 3.8 and using the new kickstarter I saw the "add
language features click" button, which I used for both tables - also the
relation table.

But it's not all good. When the list with the relation table is shown
adding/editing a product record, all versions of the categories is shown.
Now, I tried numerous of ways to find a way to only show either the default
language or the language for the belonging record, but I have not yet found
a solution.

There's vey little documentation on this, so if someone has the
perfect/correct way, or have been using a multilanguage extension from TER,
working like what I want, could you please speak up ;)

Regards,

Lars Houmark