[Typo3-dev] Links-confusion

Martin Seebach martin at biplane.dk
Sat May 28 00:01:46 CEST 2005

Hi,

I have a site that consists of a main-site and about a dozen
micro-sites, each accessible through its own (sub)domain:

* Root
|- Frontpage (dom.rec www.domain.dk)
|- Campaign 1 (dom.rec sub1.domain.dk)
|- Campaign 2 (dom.rec sub2.domain.dk)
...etc..

My problem is that I can't link between them in the menu. Linking
internally on the sites, everything works fine. Linking to pageid ID on
another domain using <link nn>blah blah</link> also works fine.
But as a shortcup in a menu, the link is rendered normally as
/index.php?id=nnn where nnn is the ID of the shortcut- however, I end up
on the frontpage of the current subsite (ie. "/")

I've been working around it until now, using "External URL". Not pretty,
but gets the job done. Now I've installed RealURL, and it works well,
except now links in text (<link nn>) are rendered as
"otherdomain/?id=nnn", which doesn't work with RealURL. I could patch
that and make it say index.php?id=nnn which would work, but I'd much
rather have a pretty RealURL.

I've been analysing the RealURL encoder-hook-function,
$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['SC_OPTIONS']['t3lib/class.t3lib_tstemplate.php']['linkData-PostProc'][]
= 'EXT:realurl/class.tx_realurl.php:&tx_realurl->encodeSpURL';

and found out that it actually never is called for <link> tags - which
is odd, since <link> to pages in the same domain are RealURL-rendered
just fine ..

Am I doing something wrong, or it TYPO3? If the former, what - and if
the latter, could smeone perhaps point me in the right direction so I
can fix it?

My issues may be related to bugs 165 and 487.

Best regards,

--
Venlig hilsen
Martin Seebach