[Typo3-dev] Feature: include basis templates AFTER?

Stefan Geith typo3dev at geithware.de
Tue May 24 09:35:52 CEST 2005

Jochen Weiland schrieb:
> The use of "include basis templates" is a great way to create modular,
> re-usable TS template modules. But, unless I have overseen something,
> when included in the main template, they are included before other TS
> templates (i.e. from Extension). So it is not possible to override
> values that have been set before. This has to be done in the "normal"
> setup section of the main template.
>
> It would be great if one could choose whether to include a basis
> template "before" or "after", however this would be needed on a
> per-module setting rather than global.
>
> What do you think?

May be it would be even better to have some kind of
'Level'-Settings for templates, that would it make possible to
set a fixed sorting to the templates.

For example:
In my extensions, I would like to use
ext_typoscript_setup.txt for some (always needed) preferences with
Level=100;
Then I'd like to have some Templates 'Static from extensions' where
I preset more - but maybe, the order of these is important: this could
be set with levels 200...299
'Include basis template' could then have levels less then 100 (would
be included before all other), 100-199 or greater than 300 (would be
included after).

What do you think ?

-

Stefan