[Typo3-dev] Looking for (study-) project

Michael Scharkow mscharkow at gmx.net
Mon May 23 22:33:00 CEST 2005

Markus Stauffiger wrote:

> I'm really interessted to hear (and learn) what you think about a Rich
> Client and which technology would be usefull or not.

Hi Markus,

client with <insertyourfavouritehypedtechnologyhere>.

If you're interested in a project for TYPO3, I'd say go for a proper
Live/Production Environment because adding another BE is is reinventing
the wheel without any benefits:

1. Flash is evil. Accessibility is bad to impossible, bandwith (I just
checked out that laszlo stuff) and CPU usage is horrible. Availability
on non-mainstream machines and OSes is bad.

2. JAVA is not quite as evil, but still adds a requirement TYPO3 does
not have now.

3. If you want to improve usability, consider improving the current BE
(maybe with Ajax, although a lot of that is not really cross-browser but
IE/Mozilla only) where it seems useful rather than implementing /typo3
from scratch.

Greetings,
Michael