[Typo3-dev] Looking for (study-) project

matthi matthibcn at gmail.com
Sun May 22 22:38:23 CEST 2005

Daniel Brüßler wrote:
> Hi matthi,

> Please tell us what you/ MM mean with "RIA". I don't know what it means.
> And what does your FE-plugin do when it's ready?

Please have a look at www.macromedia.com and search for "RIA"

In short words it´s another view of websites, it´s the believe that they
should more and more behave like desktopapplications where!! that makes
sense

Unfortunatly you did not get the point, Daniel, I wasn´t talking about a
plugin I made/am making if not I were talking about a
FlashFE/application just using the data TYPO3 brought in the Database

So this has nothing to do with TYPO3, I just use TYPO3 to poppulate the
DB, I could also populate the DB by scanned handwritten data from my
grandma I guess, that is for me in the first glance what I understand by
the term "contentManagement"

So again, I am building a flashsite using flashRemoting and TYPO3 to
populate the Database

Flash knows nothing about TYPO3 as TYPO3 doesn´t know anything about
Flash, that said, there won´t be any plugin from  my site nor I think
that this could be done as plugin,it´s just another plate.

This is very nice, cause TYPO3 isn´t known as be the fastest thing on
earth and that way any page is delivered with much more speed not to
mention the timesavers as datasorting etc as they are done on clientsite
and don´t need any new SELECT statement nor servercall....

> Yeah shure, flash is very powerfull. I have seen, that it can deal with
> DB, XML and SOAP.

Most people just won´t have that true, and with each version it gets
much more powerfull and knows the hell what else .. ;o)

> With "effects" I don't mean firework displays and animated 3d-stuff.
> Comparatively with the two examples I just mean simple effects like you
> see on the laszlosystems.com, what Ries talked about.
>
> I just would need flash for it's tweening-feature and maybe the
> drag-n-drop-feature. The content for texts should come via XML from
> Typo3. In the moment my customers don't need something like that, so I
> just talk about it. But maybe in future.
> Right! Think so, too.

The effects you are talking about can be done by using the new
hypegenerating technologie called AJAX,in fact nothing different than
the wellknown dhtml/JS combination branded with that Term to generate
new business....lol

Maybe you have a look for that.

But anyhow and anyway, every effect gets worhtless if everyone is using
it, as there is no other effect than a bored user seeing over and over
again this sweet from the right shifting menu as it was for free in the
REP and so easy to install..reminds me to that cute white dog most sites
had running from the left to the right and back marking themselves as
nonprofessionell at first glance in the mid 90s

And if you got me right and understood that in my case TYPO3 is used
just to populate the DB, which can be populated any way you see that is
not a TYPO3 subject if not a pure Flash related one, and I can´t see any
way or any need to get these mixed

> kind regards
> Daniel Brüßler

Regards