[Typo3-dev] Looking for (study-) project

Tobias Weidelt tobias at weidelt.de
Sun May 22 01:26:14 CEST 2005

Hi,

Martin Kutschker schrieb:
> If I were to write a rich client in XUL I'd built my own client using
> the Mozilla Runtime Engine (MRE). So It'd be a standalone,
> cross-platform client.

I cannot see any advantage of requiring a special client instead of
requiring Firefox. :) Firefox is available for most platforms, too,
isn't it?
Markus: I think it wouldn't be a problem requiring Firefox for using the
rich client, because no one is forced to: if you really want to use IE,
you can use the normal backend instead.
In addition, the backend is normaly used by a very limited number of
users, so it would be no problem, actually requiring them to install
Firefox before.

Just my 2 cents,
Tobias