[Typo3-dev] Looking for (study-) project

Martin Kutschker martin.kutschker-n0spam at no5pam-blackbox.net
Sat May 21 22:10:42 CEST 2005

Markus Stauffiger schrieb:
> Hi Ries, Hi Daniel
>
> Well that's quite a stunning interface I also had some ideas about a Rich
> Client approach. I took a look at XUL, which (imho) would be really cool
> and comfortable, but only for the Firefox-Users.

If I were to write a rich client in XUL I'd built my own client using
the Mozilla Runtime Engine (MRE). So It'd be a standalone,
cross-platform client.

Anyway, you'd have to duplicate so many of the BE's logic (TCE!) it is
IMHO not worth the hassle. Possibly it might be an idea to replace the
module and the page tree frames with client capapilities, but you'll
have to run the main edit frame on the server.

Masi