[Typo3-dev] Looking for (study-) project

Markus Stauffiger markus at 4eyes.ch
Sat May 21 21:31:01 CEST 2005

Hi Ries, Hi Daniel

Well that's quite a stunning interface I also had some ideas about a Rich
Client approach. I took a look at XUL, which (imho) would be really cool
and comfortable, but only for the Firefox-Users. Another option would be
XAML, but at present, I think this won't work on any client by default..

It's really a pity that MS and the mozilla-project don't use the same
standard...

So, as far as I know (hoping that I'm complety wrong), the only things left
to offer an plattform and browser independent php solution would be a
combination of DHTML and AJAX, a Flash based solution or Java.

My opinons (but remember, i'm not (yet) an expert)
DHTML/Ajax
        + Independency
        - Not so comfortable (which is actually the key of the idea.. :(

Flash
        + Very comfortable
        - Flash-Player required

Java
        + Very comfortable
        - Java Runtime required (Client)
        - Proably java required on server

I'm really interessted to hear (and learn) what you think about a Rich
Client and which technology would be usefull or not.

Greets
Markus