[Typo3-dev] Looking for (study-) project

Eric Blom ericb at piap.com
Fri May 20 22:36:50 CEST 2005

>   - Distributed authentication and administration for TYPO3 users.
>     How can efficiently and securely administer backend and frontend
> users
>     on different TYPO3 sites located on different servers?
>     Single-Sign-On, LDAP, SOAP, ... are some more keywords for this
> topic

If I could place a vote it would be for Single-Sign-On. This project  (
http://www.single-signon.com/ ) is close, but, user propagation is a
critical feature. I'm working on a site right now that uses phpBB and
Typo3 and it would be very nice to allow users to manage a single
account in Typo3 for both. I contacted http://www.single-signon.com/ to
see if there was any support I could offer, even a little bit of money,
to get user propagation finished, but, I never heard anything back.
Maybe the project is dead?

Markus, it would be wonderful if your group could provide a SSO
solution that included user propagation.

Cheers,
Eric