[Typo3-dev] Tip of the day: Test/use GraphicsMagick

Andreas Falk anfa at edu.nykoping.se
Tue May 17 15:24:08 CEST 2005

Michael Stucki skrev:
> In order to switch to GraphicsMagick, just install it whereever you want,
> change $TYPO3_CONF_VARS[GFX][im_version_5] to "gm" and set the ImageMagick
> path accordingly.

Hi,

I did a new install with 3.8.0rc1 and tried out the native gm support.

All images works in the install tool but I get this errors in
/var/log/apache2/error.log

For every testpage:
/usr/bin/gm identify: Improper arguments supplied, please see manual.

And when I do the first test (1: Reading image formats) this error shows:
/usr/bin/gm convert: /var/www/typo3/typo3/sysext/install/imgs/jesus.tif:
unknown field with tag 37724 (0x935c) encountered. (TIFFReadDirectory).

Current configuration:
ImageMagick enabled: 1
ImageMagick path: /usr/bin/ ()
ImageMagick path/LZW: /usr/bin/ ()
Version 5 flag: gm

GDLib enabled: 1
GDLib using PNG: 0
GDLib 2 enabled: 0
IM5 effects enabled: -1 (Blurring/Sharpening with IM 5+)
Freetype DPI: 96 (Should be 96 for Freetype 2)
Mask invert: 1 (Should be set for some IM versions approx. 5.4+)

File Formats: gif,jpg,jpeg,tif,bmp,pcx,tga,png,pdf,ai
Warning: Mismatch between the version of ImageMagick () and the
configuration of [GFX][im_version_5] (gm)

It's a Debian Sarge machine.

Any ideas?

---
Regards Andreas