[Typo3-dev] Templavoila several things

Chris Wittmann [SwiftLizard] chris at swift-lizard.com
Mon May 16 01:55:42 CEST 2005

Hi,

first I want to thank all Core developers for TV and Typo3.8 rc1
you all did a realy good job.

I just found some a bug at TV 0.4.0 that still exist and at
bugs.typo3.org isn´t mentioned when they will be fixed.

First of all me and most of my customers are used to frontendediting,
but with TV 0.4.0 it does not work properly.

You can Edit and Delete a record on the page, but via editpanel there is
no way to create a new record on a Page that will be displayed after
saving or to sort the records on the page. I think this is a feature of
typo3 most of us in the community and most of the customers are using,
so to my mind it is necessary to get it working.

further more I would like to ask what you think of this ideas:

1. Insite editing , I saw this one while using a nother CMS called
    Contenido (www.contenido.de). Contenido provides the possibility to
    edit records in the FE in the page just where the record is. I guess
    this would be a nice feature at typo3.

2. Another idea of mine was that it would be very nice if one could
    create alternative templates with Templavoilá, like XML Tempaltes
    or alternative html Templates (I know this works already for Html,
    but only by changing the TV -Php Code) by the Dropdown menu where you
    can create the printversion. I would be a very nice feature if you
    can also map custom XML - Code as Template for output in the FE (for
    Flash or RSS newsfeeds). At the moment there is no easy way to get
    a page made with TV rendered in XML for other aplications if you use
    TV 0.4.0 and FCEs.

solong

Chris Wittmann