[Typo3-dev] Announce: TYPO3 3.8.0rc1

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Sat May 14 19:47:02 CEST 2005

TYPO3 3.8.0rc1 is ready for download. This release candidate contains all
features of TYPO3 3.8.0.

Please test it as much as possible and report bugs to
http://bugs.typo3.org/.

Release plan
=============
Depending on the feedback and the seriousity of outstanding bugs, the
release of the final TYPO3 3.8.0 is planned on Thursday, May 19.

Upgrade instructions
=====================
Mainly, follow the steps described in the "Installation & Upgrade" manual.

Additionally when overwriting an existing installation, make sure that you
move out (or easier: remove) the typo3/ext/ directory before adding the new
version.

You should also check that none of the system extensions are locally stored
in typo3conf/ext/ since these would take precedence.

Windows users
==============
For Windows who want to test the Release Candidate users it is suggested to
use the zip archive as usual and upgrade an existing installation by
overwriting as explained above.

Reporting bugs
===============
When reporting bugs, please consider these notes:

- Make sure you set the version number (the "TYPO3 version", not the
 "product version") of the bug record to 3.8.0rc1.

- If there is a bug in the bugtracker which is not resolved yet and you
  think it is important to have it fixed in 3.8.0, please send me a mail and
  I will increase the TYPO3 version number for that bug.

Download information
You can download the source here:
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/typo3/typo3_src-3.8.0rc1.tar.gz?download
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/typo3/typo3_src-3.8.0rc1.zip?download

MD5sums:
d4878a801a323f5f5ccbbeadc5488c2e  typo3_src-3.8.0rc1.tar.gz
365c2fa9dfaabf62e5b0d835279737f5  typo3_src-3.8.0rc1.zip

- michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out