[Typo3-dev] Reminder: CVS and TER

Rupert Germann rupi at gmx.li
Fri May 13 11:41:37 CEST 2005

Andreas Otto wrote:
> Since some of the TYPO3 extensions are developed using CVS we could
> already spot the "nasty" CVS folders inside extensions installed from
> the TER.
>
> First of all the CVS folders are not needed if an extension gets
> uploaded to the TER. But how do we get rid of them?

my workflow for publishing a new tt_news version:
- export the extension with the extmanager to a t3x file on the dev-system
- install the extension on another TYPO3 installation (test-system)
- delete all cvs folders and other stuff (.bak files...) from the extension
folders on the test-system
- make some final tests to make sure that no required files were deleted
- update the em_conf file
- upload the extension to TER from test-system

greets
rupi