[Typo3-dev] Reminder: CVS and TER

Andreas Otto ao-lists at php4win.de
Fri May 13 11:16:22 CEST 2005

Hello,

Just a reminder about something that gets forgotten too easily.

Since some of the TYPO3 extensions are developed using CVS we could
already spot the "nasty" CVS folders inside extensions installed from
the TER.

First of all the CVS folders are not needed if an extension gets
uploaded to the TER. But how do we get rid of them?

Well, we simply use the command 'cvs export' to checkout an export
version of our project.

An alternative could be to move the CVS folders to somewhere else when
uploading the project to the TER. Sure, this is not straightforward,
but who said this is gonna be fun ;-)

Cheers,
Andreas

--
Choose a data representation that makes the program simple.
            - The Elements of Programming Style (Kernighan & Plaugher)