[Typo3-dev] Context Menu select hide

Vikram Mandal vmandal at srijan.co.in
Thu May 12 15:52:11 CEST 2005

Hi,

I am trying to implement Typo3 context menu in my BE module. I was
nearly through with it :-)     until I found that the html select boxes
of my BE module were disappearing in IE  :-( !!!
After lot of digging I reached this piece of javascript code in
"typo3/template.php" line number 1374.

    function showHideSelectorBoxes(action)    {    // This function by
Michiel van Leening
                    for (i=0;i<document.forms.length;i++) {
                        for (j=0;j<document.forms[i].elements.length;j++) {

if(document.forms[i].elements[j].type=="select-one") {

document.forms[i].elements[j].style.visibility=action;
                            }
                        }
                    }
                }

Can someone tell me the purpose of the function. And how could I
override it my module code?

- Vikram
Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it
seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an
hour, and it seems like a minute.
THAT'S relativity. - Albert Einstein