[Typo3-dev] Google Web Accelerator and TYPO3

Juergen Egeling egeling at punkt.de
Sun May 8 19:57:18 CEST 2005

* Martin Kutschker <martin.kutschker-n0spam at no5pam-blackbox.net> [050508 16:09]:
> >ben van 't ende [netcreators] schrieb:
> >>I am wondering what the deal for Google is here?
> >Worldwide visitor tracking and profiling - it is much more interesting
> >than gmail.
>
> My paranoia supports this view. Therefore I won't use this service.
I don't see paranioa there they get
1.) The klicks a user is klicking to, which gives them a brilliant
 idea of what users search and "surf" for if they searched a specific
 thing.
2.) They get an idea what one specific user is interested in, and could
 provide detailed advertisement.
3.) They see what *user groups* are looking for and can "adjust" the
 word bidding algorithm.
4.) They get detailed marketing data from many sources.

They basically get all information a "proxy server operator" gets, if
he runs a decent logfile analyser on the proxy logs.

I only wonder how they will get along with the enormous bandwidth they
will need.

> Anyway why should devs worldwide change their apps to accomodate Google?

Because if they get comlaints form millions of users they
do it, or are out of "business". Remember that we *had to*
support all the IE bugs, ...

>  If their accelerator won't work with Typo3 it's their piece of
> software which is broken.

In a perfect world: YES. In reality: Depends on how many
users will use the software, ...

have fun
Juergen
--
punkt.de GmbH               Internet-Dienstleistungen-Beratung
Vorholzstr. 25              Tel.: 0721 9109-0  Fax: -100