[Typo3-dev] quoting SQL-identifiers

Karsten Dambekalns karsten at typo3.org
Sun May 8 18:49:18 CEST 2005

Hi.

Martin Kutschker wrote:
> "Karsten Dambekalns" <karsten at typo3.org> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Good advice, but has a problem. Depending on theRDBMS and its current and
> *future* features reserved names may change or-  more likely - to be
> added.

True.

> You can force Mysql into an ANSI mode. But I don't know what is affected
> besides the quotes.

Yes, you can, but show a hoster who does. If we relied on this, we'd drown
in bug reports and questions.

> So DBAL does fiddle with queries. Judging from earlier posts I thiought it
> didn't.

Sure it does, how else would we dream of getting it to work? :)

> Can't say I like automagical quoting better that clean quoting via
> distinct API. But that's only my view.

If it wasn't automagically, every piece of code would have to be changed
(even more than it has to now). This is out of the question.

Karsten
--
Karsten Dambekalns
TYPO3 Association - Active Member