[Typo3-dev] Google Web Accelerator and TYPO3

Jeff Segars jsegars at alumni.rice.edu
Fri May 6 22:09:31 CEST 2005

Has anyone had a chance to try out the new Google Web Accelerator
(http://webaccelerator.google.com/) with TYPO3?

There's a post on the 37signals blog at
http://37signals.com/svn/archives2/google_web_accelerator_hey_not_so_fast_an_alert_for_web_app_designers.php
detailing how it can cause things to go very wrong in a web application.

The short of it is the Web Accelerator pre-fetches links on a page (like
the backend) and if you happen to use GET instead of POST to perform a
destructive action (such as deleting a page) then the Web Accelerator
will delete data when it does its caching.

I have no idea if this will actually affect TYPO3 but I was hoping
someone with a little more expertise might know.  I'll try to test it
out soon, once I can get on a Windows box.

Jeff