[Typo3-dev] BE logging function writelog() - explanation of numeric codes

Rainer (Rene) Suthoelder t3 at boswel-remove-me.de
Wed May 4 18:15:00 CEST 2005

hi!
from my extension, i want to log DB import actions.
after fiddling around with the
$BE_USER->writelog($type,$action,$error,$details_nr,$details...) function, i
finally get log lines like

Time    User    Type E    Action    Details
16:21    admin    DB        Insert    User Demo1 (UID 7151) created by CSV
import action (0)

by using a line like this

$BE_USER->writelog(1,1,0,'0','User %s (UID %s) created by CSV import
action',Array($v1['username'],$uid))

my question: i only found out the "correct" numeric values by trial and
error. is there any documentation on these values? for example, i might be
necessary to display DB error codes, so what would be the correct value for
that?
the comments in class.t3lib_usergroup.php aren't very helpfull in this
respect: "Specific for each $type."

thanks,

rainer