[Typo3-dev] Login Question

Marlies C mc at mcuniverse.com
Mon Mar 14 13:42:39 CET 2005

We have the following 2 questions and could not find any answers. Could
somebody enlighten us?

1. When you create a new login form in TYPO3 what happens in the submission
of the form that lets the typo3 core know that login is happening? There
seems to be no clear indicator of what the core is looking for when the
login is submitted. I've looked through the tslib php files, with no luck.
Can you help identify this.

2. When trying to pass variables to the login validator in the typo3 core,
and are attempting to by pass the login box. What is the API call and what
parameters are needed? We are trying to add an extra step to the login
process before the login actually occurs.

Thanks,

Marlies & Reuven
www.enomaly.com