AW: [Typo3-dev] Data-Modell Problems

Waggershauser, Thomas tw at amedick-sommer.de
Thu Jun 30 18:35:56 CEST 2005

Hello Thomas ;)

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: typo3-dev-bounces at lists.netfielders.de
[mailto:typo3-dev-bounces at lists.netfielders.de]Im Auftrag von Thomas
Murphy
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 30. Juni 2005 17:31
An: typo3-dev at lists.netfielders.de
Betreff: Re: [Typo3-dev] Data-Modell Problems

Waggershauser, Thomas wrote:
I think I know your problem as I've encountered something similar myself
(when writing an eventDB by the way...). I also wanted to create
something I called a 'timepattern' to set the date for an event. Every
event should have an arbitrary amount of timepatterns associated with it
(and only with this event, no other).

That doesnt sound just similar, that sounds exactly like my problem!

I solved it like that:

"foreign_table_where" => "AND tx_myext_timepattern.pid=###CURRENT_PID###
AND tx_myext_timepattern.event=###THIS_UID### ORDER BY
tx_myext_timepattern.uid",

I wanted to use something similar, but i'm not so far at the moment..

...so I have a field in the timepattern table that associates the record
with that event. Unfortunately, when you create a new event, this event
has to be saved before you can create those patterns, because TYPO3
works with a temporary uid until you save the record for the first time.

I don't know where the problem is. You use pop-ups, don't you? If you do it without popup, the user must save before adding a new timepattern. Done.

I also use:

"JSopenParams" => "height=350,width=580,status=0,menubar=0,scrollbars=1",
"script" => t3lib_extMgm::extRelPath('myext')."classes/wizard_add.php",

There it is...

But all of this just gets more and more ugly and I know it's not a very
stable or clean solution.

Even without the popup. Thats what I think too.

But it seems like you solved my problem:
I don't know how to get the event-uid into the timepattern. I've spent the whole day reading the wizard-source, but no way. How do you do this?

Maybe there is some magic in the flexforms, because there seems to be a
basic support for repetetive data objects (a 1:n relationship):
http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/doc_tut_ftb1/Content_Element_with/

Yes, Flexforms. I know, i have to learn this thing as well!

Greetings,

Thomas