[Typo3-dev] HMENU: don't open mailto-links in new pages

JoH info at cybercraft.de
Thu Jun 30 11:23:06 CEST 2005

>> the doctype 'Spacer' has 'SPC' as link type.
>> They are needed seldom.
>> MUCH more common used doctypes in menus are
>> external URL's - it is IMPORTANT that people would
>> know, that the links to external URL's new windows.
>> That need special markup.
>>
>> I made for that purpose EXTURL.
>> Then SPC, EXTURL and USR are special types
>> compared with link states ACT etc.
>
> In my opinion it would be more powerful to make the "ATagParams" key
> of a HMENU (and others) of type stdWrap and do something like:
>

> lib.menu.1 {
>    ATagParams = class="doktype-{TSFE:page:doktype}"
> }
>
> which would need much less change.

But it would be something completely different ...
With real item states STD, ADV, SHORT etc. you could have more than just a
different A-Tag.
You could use wraps, outerWrap, cObject and others too which would make it
much more flexible.

> I don't know if it's cleaner to have:
> NO
> ACT
> SPC
> and newly:
> STD
> ADV
> SHORT
> EXTURL

The problem I see is that you would need STDNO, SHORTNO, EXTURLNO, STDACT,
SHORTACT, EXTURLACT and all other states too to make it consistent.
Maybe not for EXTURL but for all other possible doktypes.
And BTW: You can already do something like this in TMENU (and something
similar in GMENU):

NO {
    stdWrap.cObject = CASE
    stdWrap.cObject {
        key.field = doktype
        default = TEXT
        default {
            field = title
            wrap = blah
        }
        1 = TEXT
        1 {
            field = title
            wrap = blubb
        }
    }
}

optionSplit will work for the _whole_ CASE object, so I don't see why it
should be necessary to have additional confusion by adding at least 12 new
itemstates.

Just my 0.2 EU

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian