[Typo3-dev] HMENU: don't open mailto-links in new pages

tapio tapio.markula at dnainternet.net
Thu Jun 30 09:33:50 CEST 2005

Martin Kutschker wrote:
> "tapio" <tapio.markula at dnainternet.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> news:mailman.1.1120063804.21745.typo3-dev at lists.netfielders.de...
>
>>the doctype 'Spacer' has 'SPC' as link type.
>>They are needed seldom.
>>MUCH more common used doctypes in menus are
>>external URL's - it is IMPORTANT that people would
>>know, that the links to external URL's new windows.
>>That need special markup.
>>
>>I made for that purpose EXTURL.
>>Then SPC, EXTURL and USR are special types
>>compared with link states ACT etc.
>

> Interesting!
>
> Do you have a clean patch for it? If so, please file a RFE on the bug
> tracker.

I can make a clean patch for it using a RTF-format diff-file.
Indeed it has also 'SHORTCUT' and 'MOUNTPOINT', which are
normally unnecessary - I added them just by consistency.
Now all docktypes, which in principle might need special markup
can have it (SPC, EXTURL, SHORTCUT and MOUNTPOINT).
It is easy to strip off SHORTCUT and MOUNTPOINT if you wish.
They are for custom sitemaps, where you can automatic stripp off
SPC, SHORCUT, MOUNTPOINT and EXTURL.
In sitempaps is not any need for several links to the same destination
or links to external urls. Endeed exclude pid list might be enough but
automatic stripping is certainly reliable - you don't forget by accident
any page and if you make new pages, you don't need to alter the exclude
pid list manually.