[Typo3-dev] New skin for TYPO3

Kai Laborenz typo3 at laborenz.de
Mon Jun 27 09:00:39 CEST 2005

Robert Lemke schrieb:

>>btw.: It *may* become the new TYPO3 default skin. (I am in contact with
>>Kasper about that) As far as I know/heard it could replace the old skin
>>til the branding project is finished
> Daniel Hinderink and I organize the branding process for TYPO3. We'll have a
> meeting end of June about the upcoming CI and Daniel will present the
> results at the TYCON3 in September.

I would like to agree to Joey - Designing the Backend should not be
considered as a marketing issue!

We should not try to adapt to current windows fashion trends - what will
happen, when longhorn hits the stores? The "new fresh" design will look
as outdated as the current one (if you think it is).
So do we want to recolor the backend everytime a new windows version comes?
I also think the curren WindowsXP color sheme isn't the first choice for
making a professional impression - now i've adapted to it but when I
first saw it it lookt pretty much like made by Toys'R us...

I think that designing the backend should be focussed completely on
improving the usability an accessibility of the backend.

Kai