[Typo3-dev] Frontend Forms Code Library

Onno Schuit o.schuit at solin.nl
Sat Jun 25 15:48:56 CEST 2005

Hi Robert

I have experimented with frontendformslib and find it to be quite a time saver. I would recommend it to everybody who uses the kickstarter to add tables to his extension.

On the subject of an enhanced solution for building forms: I think MS Access provides a very nice example (in terms of the interface at least). Related data is represented by "subforms", which makes for very intuitive data representation and entry.

Also, Adding in an ajax-based technology would really polish up things: think of this as filling out forms without page refreshes.

I don't know enough (yet) about the overall architecture of Typo3, but in the area of ajax I would gladly help out anybody taking it upon himself to create the ultimate forms solutions.

Cheers,
- Onno Schuit (onnoschuit)