[Typo3-dev] complex database and hook

Bartosz Aninowski bart at sonik.pl
Thu Jun 23 11:35:05 CEST 2005

Hi
Me and my friend are working on our first ext - products database.
We have about 20 group of products with different parameters so we created
one common table  for information like price quantity etc
Other tables keep information about  parametres for particular group like
resolution, weight, taste :).
We use dynamicConfigFile to load configuration for specific table but I dont
know how to solve following problem.
When I add new record to common table "products" I can select "group" and my
form is reloading and additional fileds are available. This additional
fields are specific for mentioned groups of products. My form now contains
fileds from two tables common and specific. We use hook in our extension to
split data from form and save into two tables. That works great.
Problem is with editing record, because only fields from common table are
fill in.
Do we have to use another hook to get records form specific table or is
there any simpler way?
Any help will be appreciated

Bartosz