[Typo3-dev] EXT. Skin test

Martin Ficzel martin.ficzel at gmx.de
Wed Jun 15 10:32:06 CEST 2005

Lasse Nørby wrote:
> Hi..
> Could some of you guys please test this skin i'm trying to develop.
> There are SO many things to take into account when skinning typo3, and I
> just want to make sure that it works on all platforms.
> Please discard the icons that are not done yet, as I'm very early in the
> process.

first i realy like it and it is running fine on typo3.8.0 ... but here
are some hints

- add more contrast to the module, its hard to divide the sections and
to find thee active item
   - css:c-mainitem
   - css:c-subitem-row-HL
i would suggest a light orange instead of light green
and why is the logout green ?

- page frame ... more clarity for the page icons - i simply didnt
understand them on the first look without magnifier. especially the
extra informations
   - hidden
   - not in menu
   - shortcut

- edit frame ...  more clarity for the edit icons
   - cut (very ugly in the templa voila page module, and also in list
mode not so clear)
   - new page / new record (not clear enough)
   - shotcut the extra symbol is a little bit too small

- edit frame ... why green bar in class:c-headline-table while orange
bar in id.typo3-dblist-top .. the same question about
css:Typo3-TCEForms.tr-class-main(xxx)

- no skinning for the templa voila PageModule yet
- file section ... why green folders ...
- why is the name grey ... i mostly see orange :: and i like ist

- do yous want a list off missing icons?

i would suggest to create versions in grey, blue and green because i
know that only few people share my (and possibly your) orange tick ...
the versions should only differ in the background inmages while the
icons are the same ... that would make it possible to handle the
enourmous mass of icons.