[Typo3-dev] Status of DBAL

Karsten Dambekalns karsten at typo3.org
Tue Jun 14 09:38:41 CEST 2005

Hi.

Michael Scharkow wrote:
> after some googling and browsing I am still ignorant of DBAL's current
> status. The files on preview.fishfarm.de are old but I have not seen

Yes, sorry.

> newer documentation...

TYPO3xdev CVS has a current OOo file.

> 1. How much hacking does it take to use 3.8 with, say, PostgreSQL
> instead of MySQL, or SQLite?

PostgreSQL works out of the box, minus a few gltiches and optimizations. I
haven't tried SQLite yet.

> 2. Is there development going on for the installer, so I can choose a
> DB-Backend during installation?

Not yet. It is planned, but not top priority. Using a different backend from
scratch is described in the documentation and not too hard.

Karsten
--
Karsten Dambekalns
TYPO3 Association - Active Member