[Typo3-dev] RFC // Hook wantedfor class.t3lib_userauth.php->logoff()

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Wed Jun 8 21:48:36 CEST 2005

Martin Kutschker wrote:

>>> No new hooks (or APIs of any kind) for a bugfix release, please. Admins
>>> should not be bothered with worries whether any individual extension
>>> works with this or that minor release.

After thinking about this again, I see a positive side-effect in allowing
new hooks in patch-releases:

These releases might often contain security related fixes, so an upgrade is
highly recommended for anyone. This way we can put some pressure on them to
upgrade their installation...

>> I think that should be in the extention, the checking what typo3 version
>> is needed.
>
> Well, you can set minimal versions in the em-array for your extension, but
> the ex.mgm. simply ignores AFAIK this value.

Right. Let's fix this bug! Anyone?

- michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out