[Typo3-dev] Blob Fe_users Fe-usergroups

JoH info at cybercraft.de
Wed Jun 8 15:24:56 CEST 2005

> In the typo3 mysql database, the fe_users table contains a blob field
> (usergroups) where you can find all the groups to which the user
> belongs.
>
> Can someone tell me how this blob field is calculated ? When I export
> the data with phpMyAdmin under the CSV format, I can read the list for
> the  usergroups field (fe : (1,5,12)) but when I export under the SQL
> format I can't see how it is calculated.

Nothing is "calculated" here.
It's just a CSV list containing the uids of all groups the user should be a
member of.
Since it is used as a DB relation TYPO3 sets the field type to blob by
default (really don't know the reason why, could be a simple text field
too).

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian
openBC: http://www.openbc.com/go/invuid/Jo_Hasenau