[Typo3-dev] Adding fields to the "New Website user" dialog.

Arne Skjaerholt arnsholt at broadpark.no
Tue Jun 7 18:19:43 CEST 2005

OK, it seems I have phrased my question badly.
Here's the setup:
I'm using the Typo3 FE user system to authenticate my users, and I've
added a field (fe_users.usertype) in order to distinguish between admin
users and normal users and users who shouldn't see stuff in the
application. This could be done with an additional usergroup, but I'm
pretty certain my users would be more comfortable with choosing between
admin/user/none as opposed to having to set an additional usergroup to
give permissions on the application.
So I want an extra field in the part of the BE used to create/edit FE
users (see this image for the dialog if it's still unclear:
http://80.203.170.54/~arne/fe-user-create.png) which would be a small
<select> dropdown that let the user select between the three usertypes.
I'm looking for a way to let the existing BE script be notified that
there's an extra field in the fe_users table and how I'd like it to be
handled (name of the field in the DB and <select> box for user input).

Arne
:wq