[Typo3-dev] custom UID of table "pages"

Stefan Beylen intsys at swissinfo.org
Tue Jun 7 12:53:27 CEST 2005

Jean-Baptiste Rio wrote:
> I think you have an another solution which is a better solution for
> Relational Database integrity compliance : Record your external keys as
> specific keys in the page table.
hm, I want them to be accessible as regular pages...

> If i understand well , you plan to declare categories as top-level
> pages, and then to create your coursedata as subpages of these
> categories.
no, the coursedata (the single courses) will be records to the category
page they belong to

> - Add a new field to the Pages table which records the category id key
> for category pages
because I also want them to be visible as records in the backend

> Quite the same but without
> hacking Typo3 core.
I dont have to hack the core at all...all I have to do is to change the
first record of my regular page from uid 1 to uid 10001, all subsequent
pages will increment on that value then.

> Just M2P
thanks for your feedback!