[Typo3-dev] RFC // Hook wanted for class.t3lib_userauth.php->logoff()

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Mon Jun 6 23:54:05 CEST 2005

Hi Andreas,

> One thing to discuss would be whether they will be in the HEAD branch
> only or also in the 3.8 branch.

Generally, adding hooks will not break any sites because they are not used
by default.

However they open possibilities for new features, though extensions might
require TYPO3 3.7.1 and not 3.7 as we could say in the past. I like this
scheme which clearly points out that 3.7.0 is 3.7 and 3.7.1 is exactly the
same like 3.7.0 but just more stable.

For an administrator this means that he can safely upgrade all sites from
3.7.0 to 3.7.1 without needing to make any database changes (no compare
steps needed).

I don't know if it makes a big difference or if it's a problem, but that
kind of border is clearer if we do not add these new hooks to the release
branch (= 3_7, 3_8, etc.) but to HEAD only (= next major/minor release).

What do others think?

- michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out