[Typo3-dev] localized pi_flexform fields

JoH info at cybercraft.de
Mon Jun 6 16:27:42 CEST 2005

> can somebody give me a hint, how to suppress the output of the
> "originalLanguageValue" for pi_flexform fields in translated content
> elements?
>
> in all extensions that use flexforms, the xml-source from the
> pi_flexforms field is printed below the original field (with green
> Backgound) what makes IMO not so much sense for the FF fields.

Seems as if this is still problem for every FE plugin using flexforms.
After "localizing" the plugin (i.e. news or newloginbox) you will find the
complete XML structure of the original record below the input fields of the
flexform.
Have a look at this screenshot:
http://www.cybercraft.de/fileadmin/screenshots/ff_lang_prob.gif

I checked how the <div class="typo3-TCEforms-originalLanguageValue"> is
generated and there seems to be no TS value to switch off that behaviour.
There are 3 functions responsible for "default language" in
class.t3lib_tceforms.php":
registerDefaultLanguageData
renderDefaultLanguageContent
renderDefaultLanguageDiff

Could someone please confirm
a) the behaviour itself
b) the fact that it can't be changed via TS

After confirmation I will file it as a bug.

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian
openBC: http://www.openbc.com/go/invuid/Jo_Hasenau