[Typo3-dev] custom UID of table "pages"

Stefan Beylen intsys at swissinfo.org
Mon Jun 6 13:51:59 CEST 2005

hello typolist,

currently I am working on the website of a course institution and am
having a bit of a problem...am hoping for a hint or a tip how to
approach it the best way.

I want to "reserve" the UIDs of table "pages" from 1000 to 2000 for the
single categories, that means each categorie should get its own page...I
am importing those every day through an XML file that is generated by
the server and the category IDs come from that file...thats why I need
to use the range 1000 to 2000.

the problem I am facing now is that if I add a new page the id of the
page starts +1 from the last entry of table "pages" (auto-increment).

so my question: how can I tell typo to start with the UID of the last
"regular" page (lets say 50 for now) that is added and NOT start after
the very last page uid (worst case: uid 2001)?

Why I wanna do that like this?
realurl, clickpath, indexed search, site structure ;)

thanks for hints and so on