[Typo3-dev] We have a roadmap!

Robert Lemke robert at typo3.org
Sat Jun 4 20:13:05 CEST 2005

Olivier Dobberkau wrote:

> Robert Lemke wrote:
> will there be a features wishlist in this roadmap?

well, you can always suggest features here in the dev list and then we can
pin them down.

I think the feature list for 4.0 is quite full already but that for 5.0 is
far from being complete.

> i am missing some things like:
> - global content categorization

> - live and production scheme
I think the traditional LPE scheme will be obsolete with the planned changes
in TCEmain, but we'll see.

> how is the development planned?
> - backchamber programming like now
> or is there a different approach planned?

The plan is to make it more public of course. The only reason why it might
fall back to backhamber programming at some point is that communication
also requires a lot of energy - which is surely worth investing, but also
that energy is limited of course.

But basically the message should be that it's open to everyone, that's why
we took the first step and created the roadmap ...

--
robert