[Typo3-dev] Tip of the day: Test/use GraphicsMagick

Jochen Weiland nospam at jweiland.net
Fri Jun 3 18:28:11 CEST 2005

Michael Stucki wrote:

> Dimitri Tarassenko has finally made such a binary. Many thanks for that!
>
> You can get the new archive from the usual place at
> http://typo3.sunsite.dk/software/linux/
>
> Regards, michael

Just tried out GM on my main site. Everything seems to work, generated
files are a bit smaller. With the image tests in the install tool I
compated the speed to the statically linked IM 4.2.9 version. Results:

Test 1: 13% faster
Test 2: 32% slower
Test 3: 16% slower
Test 4: 25% slower

So, the speed may not necessarily be the reason to change, maybe a more
stable API?

Jochen Weiland