[Typo3-dev] New skin for TYPO3

JoH info at cybercraft.de
Fri Jun 3 11:14:03 CEST 2005

> I have used modified Skincrystal skin http://www.tapionet.net/typo3/
> use 'test' as password and username.
> Skincrystal used PNG as button image - they lookew awful in MS IE.
> I MUST make corresponging GIF-images. Does this skin use GIF - PNG are
> really bad choise for MS IE?

Again - nonsense ;-)
PNGs work fine with IE. The problem you got results from _transparent_ PNGs
which don't work in IE wihtout a special aplaha channel hack.
So as long as you stay away from transparencies you should always prefer
PNG, since the 24bit quality is much better than 256c-GIF.

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian
openBC: http://www.openbc.com/go/invuid/Jo_Hasenau