[Typo3-dev] New skin for TYPO3

JoH info at cybercraft.de
Fri Jun 3 11:00:19 CEST 2005

> http://213.239.197.48/screenshot_t3skin.png
>
> This is a skin I'm working on, it's part of a initiative to clean up
> the BE HTML-Code a bit and to write a Skinning Tutorial for TYPO3.
>
> First Drafts:
> http://213.239.197.48/skinning_issues_with_typo3.sxw
> http://213.239.197.48/typo3_skinning_tutorial.sxw
>
> Main targets of the new skin:
> - clean up of the extension
> - clean up of html-code and enhancement of the skinning API
>   (look into the skinning_issues_with_typo3.sxw)
> - keeping backwards compatiblity (the user chooses if to use the new
>   skin or not, just an extension)
> - should be based on the existing TYPO3-CI

Well - I agree that we need something like a "modern BE look" and all the
targets you listed are fine.
But regarding usability you should get rid of those highly saturated colors.
There is really no need to have the TYPO3 CI colors as table headers and it
is hard to concentrate on the blue content section when your eyes are always
"pulled" back to the heavy orange menu headers on the left. The blue section
seems OK for me.
If this is going to be something like "TYPO3 goes WIN XP" you should
reconsider the whole concept, since IMHO this would make things worse than
they are now.

Just my 2 cents

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian