[Typo3-dev] New skin for TYPO3

Thomas Murphy murphy at spreekonzept.de
Fri Jun 3 10:01:51 CEST 2005

Hello,

http://213.239.197.48/screenshot_t3skin.png

This is a skin I'm working on, it's part of a initiative to clean up the
BE HTML-Code a bit and to write a Skinning Tutorial for TYPO3.

First Drafts:
http://213.239.197.48/skinning_issues_with_typo3.sxw
http://213.239.197.48/typo3_skinning_tutorial.sxw

Main targets of the new skin:
- clean up of the extension
- clean up of html-code and enhancement of the skinning API
  (look into the skinning_issues_with_typo3.sxw)
- keeping backwards compatiblity (the user chooses if to use the new
  skin or not, just an extension)
- should be based on the existing TYPO3-CI

I know there are a lot of small positioning problems in the screenshot,
it's caused by the html which is hard to style sometimes - and I don't
wanted to use too much of those ugly css-hacks (yet) - and I'm still
hoping we can solve these problems by adjusting the html here and there
(wihtout breaking backwards compatibility).

I'm trying to publish something in the next two weeks or so, depends on
my other projects running fine. Anyone (still) interested in
contributing to the skin is encouraged to contact me.

btw.: It *may* become the new TYPO3 default skin. (I am in contact with
Kasper about that) As far as I know/heard it could replace the old skin
til the branding project is finished (what might take a year or more time).

How should we proceed?
Should those issues from the sxw put into the bugtracker?
Could someone with write-access to the CVS do those changes?

Feedback please!

Have a nice weekend,
Thomas