[Typo3-dev] install tool is not working as expected

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Thu Jun 2 23:25:04 CEST 2005

Hi henk,

> I am running in a little problem with the install tool on 3.8. and mysql
> 4.0.20.

(Once again, that doesn't sound like a true dev question. Anyway...)

> The layout of the database.sql delivered  with the packages are
> different then the file on the 3.7.0. distribution.
>
> Everything is now 'quoted' :

Yes that's true. The reason for this is that I am using MySQL 4.0.24 instead
of MySQL 3.23.49 to create the database dumps.

Since TYPO3 parses both correctly, this shouldn't be a problem.

> When the install tool compares the database ($FDdb without quoses) to
> the file ($FDfile with quotes) it would like to install all tables and
> rename the old ones. (the import is working correctly by removing the
> quotes). So after the update, the whole party starts over again :) and
> again :) and ...
>
> Anyone else experiencing the same problem?

No. What MySQL-Version are you using?

> File a bug for this one?

Yes.

- michael