[Typo3-dev] OT: Hooks, was: Pledge fo 3.8.1

Dimitri Tarassenko dtarassenko at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 15:53:38 CEST 2005

Am I the only one thinking that "hooks" are a sign of bad decoupling
in software? The more I look at how and where the hooks are used, the
more I think that whenever a hook is required and implemented what
really needs to be done is the method containing the hook needs to be
split in several and one of these submethods should be iplemented in a
subclass.

These "hooks" are going to be nightmare to manage and debug once their
number (and number of extensions that may use them) grow.

Just an off-topic thought.

--
Dimitri Tarassenko