[Typo3-dev] How to authenticate BE users?

Ingo Renner typo3 at ingo-renner.com
Thu Jun 2 14:45:19 CEST 2005

Am Thu, 02 Jun 2005 14:18:28 +0200 schrieb René Fritz:

Hi René,

> I'm wondering what you're doing :-)
ok let me explain again:

As I'm building EXT:timtab - the Blog thingy - I'm handlind XML-RPC
requests. Every request contains username and password, now I'm trying to
authenticate these users.

>> I still haven't solved my problem with BE user authentication. After
>> reading a lot of documentation and source code I have a question: Would
>> make sense to build a service which authenticates BE users by username and
>> password?
>
> Why building that service when the system service is doing that already?

Which one do you mean, tx_sv_auth?

>> -----
>> $auth = t3lib_div::makeInstance('t3lib_beUserAuth');
>> $auth->formfield_status = 'login';
>> $auth->formfield_uname  = $username;
>> $auth->formfield_uident = md5($password);
>> $auth->security_level   = 'normal';
>> -----
>
> In BE security_level='superchallenged'
>
> formfield_uident is md5 of username:userident:chalvalue

I know, but as I get the password via XML-RPC in cleartext I need normal.
I hope some things are more clear now.

greetings
Ingo

--