[Typo3-dev] utf-8 standard in TYPO3 4.0?

Krystian Szymukowicz t33k.RE.MO.VE at RE.MO.VE.prolabium.com
Sun Jul 31 17:50:29 CEST 2005

> as was thinking about the roadmap for the upcoming 4.0 I was wondering how
> far the utf-8 support in TYPO3 really got.

I have made some TYPO3 website in utf-8 and so far the only problem I
had is sending email in utf-8. TYPO3 is not consistent here especially
while using Direct Mail. For more information see: 'UTF-8 in Mails'
thread at English list.

The other issue not so important but still annoying is editing language
files directly in TYPO3. Language files are NOT coded in utf-8 so I can
NOT edit them in TYPO3 if BE charset is set to utf-8. As for me the
solution is: 1: convert all language files to utf-8 2: allow to choose
from drop-down list which coding is using while editing language file.

--
grtz
Krystian Szymukowicz