[Typo3-dev] MTB offers MUCH BETTER frontend content editing capabilities than TempaVoila!

Irene Höppner mail at isinett.de
Sun Jul 31 21:48:57 CEST 2005

>>> Because you are fascinated to TemplaVoila, I know you dislike opinions
>>> that MTB is in some respects better than TemplaVoila. How you could
>>> solve this problem and get TemplaVoila in this respect to the same
>>> level as MTB?
>>>
>>    Well, two things leap to mind:  1. Sponsor the development of this
>> ALPHA extension
>> 2. Put as much energy into improving it as you have complaining about
>> it and you'll finish it in less than a month.
>
> I just try to get someone interest to develop extension further.
> I don't have enough skill to do changes, which I have complained.

tapio,

there are several ways to get a problem solved in an open source community
like this, if you can't do it yourself:

1. Complain about it and hope that one of the developers will be motivated
by this to do some more work for free.
2. Ask friendly for a feature you need. Offer as much promotion as you can
give. Maybe there'll be found a group of people, that have the same
problem and they solve it together.
3. Pay for it (especially if you earn money with other people's work)

I guess, you've choosen the worst way of all ;-). I know how frustrating
it can be, if you imagined how things should work and you don't get them
work like this. But IT is full of that and I guess a sandsack would be a
much better solution to get rid of that anger and then ask friendly for a
possible solution ;-).

greets, Irene