[Typo3-dev] Improving front end editing of MTB and the standard page module

tapio tapio.markula at dnainternet.net
Sun Jul 31 13:24:28 CEST 2005

Peter Niederlag wrote:
> Hi,
>
> tapio schrieb:
>
>>Hi
>>
>>MTB has in other respects excellent front end editing
>>but it is not possible to create new pages like in the
>>frontend editing of TemplaVoila.
>

> This is wrong. Of course it is possible to add new pages as well with
> either templating-approach(TV or MTB, plain TS whatsoever) as well in FE
> as BE.

In the frontend editing of the standard page module is NOT an edit icon
for 'Edit page header' in the top-left corner of the browser window like
in TemplaVoila, which could make possible to add pages using frontend
editing.

It is possible just to add new content elements using the admin panel.

Or does I have some kind incorrect installation?
I have heard that the top-left edit icon belong only in TemplaVoila.

> only thing that at least was missing recently was possibility to add
> Content-Elements in FE with TV.

And that doesn't work nice. And the possibility to use admin panel is
totally missing if the page doesn't have any content element.