[Typo3-dev] Bug in TemplaVoila concering the content element wizard

Martin Ficzel martin.ficzel at gmx.de
Fri Jul 29 14:08:22 CEST 2005

tapio wrote:
> Martin Ficzel wrote:

> I fixed that just by copy/paste the necessary function from the
> corresponding file for the normal page module.
> The author of TemplaVoila has just missed a necessary function
>
>     function removeInvalidElements(&$wizardItems)
>
> Endeed I wondered why TemplaVoila could not just use some
> inclusions and use 'extends' for the class and rewrite ONLY necessary
> parts.
>
> The another problem is language files. It doesn't use generic language
> files for the wizard. The integration of TemplaVoila is just partial.

the format of the precofiguration array is not the same in classic and
templavoila page module. thats because the removeInvalidElements
function will not relly work as expected.

Templa Voila Style
> common_2' => array(
>	'icon'=>'gfx/c_wiz/text_image_below.gif',
>	'title'=>$LANG->getLL('common_2_title'),
>	'description'=>$LANG->getLL('common_2_description'),
> 	'params'=>'&defVals[tt_content][CType]=textpic&defVals[tt_content][imageorient]=8'
> 	)

Classic Style
> 'common_2' => array(
> 	'icon'=>'gfx/c_wiz/text_image_below.gif',
> 	'title'=>$LANG->getLL('common_2_title'),
> 	'description'=>$LANG->getLL('common_2_description'),
> 	'tt_content_defValues' => array(
> 		'CType' => 'textpic',
> 		'imageorient' => 8
> 		)
> 	)

see the diferences in the 'params' and 'tt_content_defValues' parts of
the arrays, in my extensions i wrote a function with a corrected
check-routine (wich is parsing the params string before )

i agree that these functions should go into the core but there ist still
a point i dont really like:

the funtion "getStorageFolderPid" is created inside the extension wich
is really no good idea i think, the function itself is copied from
somewhre else in templa-voila, i used it because i did'nt find a good
way to get the current record storage page. there semms to be no
be_function for that.

if i find a good way to read this value i will create a patch for the
bugtracker but with these ugly solution i dont want to see it in the core.

regards Martin